Throughout the day to perform different daily actions (physical or mental) properly we require the energy. With the low energy is hard to work properly and can’t live the life at its best. It is very important for us to have proper energy level for all the actions which we want to do in daily basis. Pranayama is the key to unlock the ocean of energy in the body and mind. Pranayama is the best way to supply more oxygen and increases the positive energy level in body and mind.
The word pranayama is made of two sanskrit words, ‘Prana‘ means ‘life energy‘ and ‘Ayama‘ means ‘Control or extension‘. So then pranayama communicates to us control and expansion of prana (life energy). In hatha yoga is believed that “prana tattva” is above to “manas tattva” (mind element), as prana is active even when mind is not. In Pranayama we learn to control our breath by regularly practicing different techniques.
“Once the breath starts to wander the mind also becomes unsteady, or the breath is still your mind is still as well” said in Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
Nowadays doctors are also recommending Pranayama and Yogasana for a healthy of body and mind.
Benefits of Pranayama :
- Pranayama improves concentration, brings stillness and calmness to the mind, and also increases the stability of mind.
- It improves the circulation of blood and oxygen in the body.
- It is also a best way to provide relaxation for body and mind.
- It improves the functioning of the nervous system, helps to ease stress, anxiety and dullness.
- It relieves Stress, Depression, Hypertension and anxiety.
- Pranayama also have positive influences on asthma, headache, migraine, neurological problems, depression, gastric problems are just some names.
- Pranayama control ageing.
- It provides lightness to the body; acts as diseases destructor, brings vigour and power.
- Pranayama helps in lungs expansion thereby improves its efficiency and makes it healthy.
- It also helps in contending blood pressure and heart diseases; makes digestion smooth.
Some Tips for Pranayama :
- Positive Thinking: It is very important for us to start anything with positive attitude. Pranayama helps us to develop positive thinking, which also increases the positive energy and it helps to cure many disease.
- Time: Best time to practice pranayama is the morning, but can also be done in evening.
- Place: It is very important to choose a peaceful and positive place for pranayam. Try to find non disturbing spot, proper ventilation, comfortable and clean place.
- Empty Stomach: Pranayama must be done on an empty stomach always for better results. A person should have a gap of at least 4 hours between the meals. In the morning or evening, you can do the pranayama.
- Practice Regularly: Keep a thing in mind if you really want to enjoy benefits of pranayama then need to practice it regularly. Only regular practice can give you better results.